Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall, Friends...and the Flu.


As Ryan was on his adventure in Thailand, the girls and I set off on our own adventure...
road trip to Iowa!  I have never made a solo trip across country and our friends were begging us to come.  And so we did!  The days prior were filled with prayers for safety, good weather, and health.  Well, I guess two out of three is good enough!!  Had a great visit with my brother on the way in Omaha, Nebraska and then we were off to Iowa.  Our hearts were full as we enjoyed sweet time with friends who we desperately wish were still only 2 minutes away.  Jess and Syd got their ears pierced together...very special indeed!  We visited a pumpkin patch and drank apple cider.  Time was spent just breathing in the joy of being together.  And though we left with the flu, it was worth it.  We would do it again and again.  The Lord is constantly teaching me and reminding me... His grace is sufficient for driving solo with a fever and sometimes He allows me to face my fears to recognize He is enough.  He is always enough.








"I'm with my BFF"  Just got my ears pierced!







1 comment:

  1. glad you had a good time and made it through the flu. We had our run, not fun! I'll be anxious to hear about Ryan's trip and where you feel the Lord leading you.
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete