Saturday, October 3, 2009

Color of Change


Well, I've been trying all week to post pictures from our Fall drive, but as a new blogger, I have much to learn. So while I await instruction from my more knowledgeable friends, I will share this quote that struck a deep chord in me.


"It is easy to imagine that we will get to a place where we are complete and ready, but preparation is not suddenly accomplished, it is a process steadily maintained. It is dangerous to get into a settled state of experience. It is preparation and preparation." Oswald Chambers


Oh how I am one to imagine that place where I am complete and ready. The key word being "imagine." I want to be complete and ready in mothering, in housekeeping, in cooking, in friendship, in marriage, and in my relationship with Jesus... just to name a few! I am constantly longing for that place where I feel confident and competent. To be honest I think I am longing for a place where I don't have to work so hard, a place where I can coast. As I attempt to pay more attention and be more of a student in life, I realize that my heart comes alive not when I am coasting, but when I am challenged.

Deep down I really don't want to coast, I want to be changed. And usually the change comes through the challenge.
So here's to embracing the process.
Each day is a brand new opportunity for me to embrace the process of living, learning, and hopefully, because of the grace provided by Jesus, changing. I want to open up my eyes to look for the beauty of the process and maybe even learn to enjoy the preparations along the way...

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming to the Springs the weekend of October 16th through the 18th, will you be around? We must get together! Always love your thoughts and lessons, thanks for sharing:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'll be here! Just let me know what time works for you...

    ReplyDelete